Vietnam War Quiz:
The answers appear after the last question, number 10.
1. In early February, President Johnson's national security advisor visited Saigon. Who was he?
a. George Ball
b. McGeorge Bundy
c. Clark Clifford
2. In early February, the Soviet Prime Minister visited Hanoi. Who?
a. Aleksei Kosygin
b. Leonid Brezhnev
c. Vyacheslav Molotov
3. What was the name for the American air raids against North Vietnam that Johnson authorized after Vietcong attacked American installations in South Vietnam in February?
a. Bombs Away
b. Flaming Dart
c. Operation Eagle
4. What sustained American bombing of North Vietnam began on February 24?
a. Operation Rolling Thunder
b. Operation Lightning
c. Operation Hot Clouds
5. On March 8, two Marine battalions landed to defend this airfield.
a. Cam Ranh Bay
b. Long Binh
6. What South Vietnamese Air Vice Marshall took over as prime minister in Saigon in June?
a. Tran Van Don
b. Nguyen Cao Ky
c. Nguyen Van Thieu
7. Who replaced Maxwell Taylor as U.S. ambassador to South Vietnam in July?
a. Henry Cabot Lodge
b. Frederick Nolting
c. Graham Martin
8. How many American combat battalions were in Vietnam in early July?
9. American forces defeated North Vietnamese units where in October?
a. Ia Drang Valley
10. What did Johnson do in late December in an attempt to induce the Communists to negotiate?
a. offered them ten million dollars
b. sent Richard Nixon to Hanoi to meet with Ho Chi Minh
c. stopped bombing North Vietnam
Vietnam War Quiz (index)
Answers: 1-b, 2-a, 3-b, 4-a, 5-c, 6-b, 7-a, 8-a, 9-a, 10-c