La Vang Basilica



The La Vang Basilica was completed in 1900 as a monument to the appearance of the Virgin Mary to a group of persecuted Roman Catholics in 1798. It was located approximately four miles outside of Quang Tri City in Quang Tri Province. The basilica was a favorite pilgrimage site for Vietnamese Catholics until its destruction during the Eastertide Offensive in 1972.


VietnamWar.net

VietnamWar.net
http://www.vietnamwar.net