Vietnam War Quiz:
Psychos on Film
Choose the correct (awful) film from the description.
The answers appear after number 18.
1. A vet returns to his family after being reported killed in combat, but he soon reveals a lust for blood.
2. A psychotic veteran terrorizes people in a diner.
b. "When You Comin' Back Red Ryder?"
c. "The Special Today is Meatloaf"
3. A crippled, insane Vietnam vet traps a couple in a secluded beachhouse and terrorizes them with his dogs.
a. "To Kill a Clown"
b." Rover and Fido"
c. "The Sand Between My Toes"
4. A psychotic veteran kills a doctor's patients and girls who live alone.
a. "Who Could Be Calling?"
b. "My HMO Drove Me Crazy"
c. "Don't Answer the Phone!"
5. A veteran attempts to assassinate the president in retaliation for Vietnam.
a. "The Seal"
b. "Camp David"
c. "The Edge"
6. A veteran leads ex-cons in a terrorist rampage against a family camping in the woods.
7. Vietnam veterans become cannibals.
a. "Pass the Mustard"
b. "Make a Wish"
c. "Invasion of the Flesh Hunters"
8. A Vietnam veteran is a member of a motorcycle gang.
a. "Two-wheeled Nut"
b. "The Missing Oar"
c. "Motor Psycho"
9. A veteran thinks he has been assigned as chief of a special asylum for deranged veterans, but he is really its principal patient.
a. "Dr. DMZ"
b. "The Ninth Configuration"
c. "My First Name is Doctor"
10. A veteran escapes from a mental hospital and hides out in the city.
a. "Hide and Seek"
b. "The Crazy World of Julius Vrooder"
c. "Escape From Ward 666"
11. A vet becomes an ax-murderer who attacks a couple on their summer vacation.
a. "Poor White Trash "
b. "How I Spent My Summer Vacation"
c. "Sharp Edge"
12. Crazy from witnessing a Viet Cong rape and murder, a Vietnam vet returns to the States, steals a stack of dynamite, and bombs sweethearts in their cars.
a. "The Ravager"
b. "Lovers' Lane"
c. "Son of Nobel"
13. A veteran makes friends with snakes and uses them to murder his enemies.
a. "The Serpents' Pal"
b. "The Asp"
14. A Vietnam veteran goes on a brutal rampage to avenge the killing of a fellow vet.
a. "The Exterminator"
b. "Murder on My Mind"
c. "Private Bambi"
15. A horror star decides to call it quits because the real world has become more brutal than his movies, and the point is driven home by a Vietnam veteran sniper at a drive-in showing the actor's films.
c. "The Horror of it All"
16. A veteran is a cab driver and progresses from urban avenger to would-be political assassin.
a. "I Don't Have Change for a Ten"
b." Limo Man"
c. "Taxi Driver"
17. A rogue officer escapes from death row, captures a nuclear missile silo, and threatens to start a nuclear war unless the President tells the truth about the Vietnam War to the American public.
a. "Too Much Saigon Tea"
b. "The EM's Dream"
c. "Twilight's Last Gleaming"
18. A lunatic Native American vet escapes from a mental hospital where he has been imprisoned for murder. He seeks vengeance against the psychiatrists he blames for putting him there by stranding them in the middle of the desert.
c. "Chief Killer"
Vietnam War Quiz (index)
answers: 1-a, 2-b, 3-a, 4-c, 5-c, 6-b, 7-c, 8-c, 9-b, 10-b, 11-a, 12-a, 13-c, 14-a, 15-b, 16-c, 17-c, 18-a